Defensive Stock Investing Via Quantitative Modeling In Excel
Genre: eLearning | MP4 | Video: h264, 1280×720 | Audio: aac, 44100 Hz
Language: English | VTT | Size: 4.93 GB | Duration: 8 section | 57 lectures | (6h 48m)
What you’ll learn
Learn about quantitative Investing & how it is different from conventional methods of investing
Master the science and art of building a defensive stock portfolio that is resilient during bear markets
Know the pitfalls of buying and holding a pure stock portfolio
Know the criteria to choose the right stocks universe for trend following
Master an established quantitative method used in hedge funds called Trend Following to trade stocks
Understand how Trend Following works and why it is adaptive to market conditions
Know both the strengths and weaknesses in Trend Following
Use critical Excel lookup, logic, math and statistical functions required for modeling in this course
Understand the intuition, math and know how to implement financial concepts such as Returns and Risk
Know how to model a buy and hold portfolio
Know what are the transaction costs involved and how to incorporate them into the model
Understand the concept of leverage and how we can use it to boost our returns
Learn how to incorporate leverage and borrowing costs into the model
Learn the concept and math behind key investment performance metrics such as Sharpe Ratio
Know how to operate the Trend Following model
The strategy taught in this course is applied to the US market
A keen learning attitude with an open mind
A basic knowledge in math and statistics is preferable, but not compulsory
A basic knowledge in Excel is preferable, but not compulsory
Do you think professional methods of investing are beyond your reach because it involves state of the art infrastructure, rocket science, and huge amount of money?
Have you tried replicating someone else’s trading style and method only to end up with drastically different or inconsistent results?
Do you find it difficult to implement investment strategies that you learned because (a) you have no confidence about it, (b) you still don’t know how to execute it, and/or (c) you have no time?
THIS COURSE WILL CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION ABOUT THE APPROACH TO INVESTING.
We will teach you in-depth a defensive stock investing approach known as Trend Following, from concept to implementation, whose principles are used among hedge fund professionals. This strategy is capable of creating stock portfolios that are resilient during bear markets as compared to the broad stock market. After the course, you will be able to Do-It-Yourself.
Trend Following is a powerful quantitative strategy that is grounded in well-established principles and common sense. There are no chart reading, no thick annual reports, no constant monitoring of market news, and no forecasting.
All investment decisions are driven by the model we will build in this course. The completed model requires less than 5 minutes of your time to update. With a good understanding of the strategy through hands-on learning, this will keep your discipline in check and prevent you from falling prey to emotions during times of market stress. The end result is consistency.
We will build the model up in Excel using in-built Excel functions. No programming experience is required. Neither do we need expensive tools or data subscriptions. We will use only free resources.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
· Why buying and holding stocks is more risky than it looks.
· What are the criteria to look at when choosing stocks universe.
· What is the concept and rationale behind trend following.
· How to use critical Excel functions e.g. data lookup, logic operators, math and statistical functions etc.
· What is the intuition and math behind key financial concepts, e.g. returns, volatility, etc, and how to implement them on Excel.
· Where and how to get price data.
· How to model a buy and hold portfolio.
· How to incorporate transaction costs, borrowing costs and leverage into the model.
· How to calculate key performance metrics and create a performance analytics worksheet for tracking model performance.
· How to create a dashboard to extract and display key information for making investment decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
· Over 6 hours of lectures developed with more than 15 years of experience in the asset management, hedge fund and banking industry.
· Practice sheets on financial mathematics and excel functions with solutions.
· Guided step-by-step model building process complete with templates.
· Fully completed trend following model file that you can use or improve on.
· Free Excel-based resources (from the web) to download price data from yahoo finance in bulk.
· Unlimited lifetime access.
· Full 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked.
· Online Q&A where you can pose your questions to us.
An investment into the right education is one of the best investment one can make. The earlier you start, the better you will be in the future. So take action now and ENROLL IN THIS COURSE!
Who this course is for:
Anyone who is keen to learn a solid investment approach used by hedge fund professionals founded on sound principles and common sense.
Anyone who is interested in generating decent returns with moderate risk over the long term.
Anyone who is serious about taking charge of their investment.
This is NOT for people expecting an active trading course or something that will make you a millionaire overnight.
you must be registered member to see linkes Register Now